FRIENDS OF RAAS (PTA)
Friends of Royal Alexandra & Albert School
(Previously the PTA)
The aim of the Friends of RAAS (PTA) is to raise funds for the school to purchase items that will be of benefit to the pupils across the whole school. In the past we have contributed a wide range of equipment for many of the Departments within the school. For example, IT, sports, reading equipment/materials to name but a few.
Becoming involved with the Friends is a great way to get to know other parents, relatives and teachers and become more involved in your child’s school.
We’re a very friendly group who would welcome any support, from stuffing envelopes to running a stall at one of our fund raising events. We also meet regularly at school on a Saturday morning after drop-off and welcome any new faces who would like to come along.
We meet the first Saturday of each month (term time only). Coffee/tea is available from 8.30am and meetings start at 8.45am - 11am. Everyone is welcome. Please drop in at any time.
We arrange a variety of events each year including the Christmas Fayre, the Leavers Prom and social evenings for new parents. Here's what we have planned for this year:
- 28 September 2017 - RAAS Friends Social. From 7.30pm come and join us for a social evening with cheese and wine.
- September 2017 - Date to be confirmed - Second Hand Uniform Sale. More information to follow.
- 7 October 2017 - Informal Friends Meeting. Come and find out what we have planned and what we are fundraising for.
- 6 November 2017 - Bags2School. Donate unwanted clothes and raise money for the school.
- November 2017 - Bollywood Evening (not yet confirmed). More details to follow.
- 9 December 2017 - Christmas Fayre. An afternoon of Christmas Fun, involving parents, staff and children. The Fayre beings at 11am in the Chapel.
Our email address should you wish to contact us is PTAfriends@gatton-park.org.uk
Chairperson - Ian Tombleson
Secretary - Louise Shepherd & Sara Heald
Treasurer - Nigel Dailly