School Inspection 2016
The interim inspection was carried out on 21st April 2016 and concluded that the school continues to be a 'Good' school. The report found the following:
- Pupils speak highly of their experiences at the school and are proud to be members of this unique community.
- There is a culture of high expectations and aspiration that set the tone for achievement among pupils.
- The school's range of subjects and experiences (the curriculum) are exciting and so pupils are highly engaged and work hard in lessons.
- Safeguarding is effective.
Boarding Inspection 2016
The interim inspection was carried out on 20th and 21st April 2016 and concluded that the school continues to comply with the National Minimum Standards for boarding. The previous assessment of 'Good' remains unchanged.
Boarding Inspection 2014
The Boarding inspection was carried out in November 2014 and the overall result was 'Good' with two of the four categories 'Outcomes for boarders' and 'Quality of boarding provision and care' being assessed as 'Outstanding'. But the real story is to be found within the report. Here are some of the report conclusions:
- Boarders enjoy caring and respectful relationships with staff and each other
- Boarders thrive within an environment which encourages and assists their personal growth and development
- Feedback from boarders, parents and carers is overwhelmingly positive
The report also includes a quote from a pupil "I love living here alongside my friends".
Overall grade: Good
School Inspection 2012
Ofsted visited the School in September 2012 and carried out the inspection using the new, tougher, Ofsted framework. Here are some extracts from the report:
'Pupils are proud of their school and respond wholeheartedly to its emphasis on personal responsibility, community values, mutual respect and acceptance of differences.'
'Most teaching is good or better; much is outstanding.'
'The sixth form is good, with outstanding elements. Growing rapidly, it offers a broad choice of courses, encourages aspiration and fosters independent learning and personal responsibility.'
Overall grade: Good