The Royal Alexandra & Albert School is a purpose-built co-educational maintained boarding school in 260 acres of Surrey parkland. Pupils are aged 7-18 and 470 of the 1000 pupils are boarders. The school has excellent facilities and is only 5 minutes from the M25.
The School is part of the School Direct Warwick Partnership. As such we offer both salaried and unsalaried School Direct training places.
Estates and Maintenance Department Administrator
Salary: £23,603 per annum
Hours: 42.5 hours per week, 8am – 5pm Mon – Fri
As the Estates and Maintenance Department Administrator your role will include
• Providing comprehensive administrative organisation and support to the department,
• Liaising between the school/boarding staff and the Estates and Maintenance team, in particular receiving and logging job requests,
• Acting as the first port of call for all contractors, suppliers and maintenance enquiries,
• Maintaining an inventory of staff accommodation, undertaking inspections and issuing accommodation agreements
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent communication skills,
• Excellent IT skills including Word and Excel,
• The ability to work as part of a team liaising with colleagues across the school,
• Excellent organisation and time management skills,
• The ability to be approachable, think things through and have a good sense of humour.
In this role you will be:
• Part of a team, committed to running an efficient and effective Estates and Maintenance Office for the school
• Entitled to a free lunch in the School’s Dining room
• Able to use the School’s indoor swimming pool and Fitness Centre free of charge
• Eligible to receive a 33% remission on boarding school charges
To apply, please complete an application form with a covering letter or supporting statement and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 6 June 2017
To discuss the role, please feel free to call us on 01737 649062
Available From: ASAP
We seek outstanding individuals for Boarding Tutor positions available in our boarding houses. This is ideal experience for future teachers.
We are looking for candidates who are understanding, kind and supportive and with an excellent sense of humour. You must also be proactive and enjoy arranging and leading activities. Flexibility to respond to the unexpected and enthusiasm are important as are good organisational skills and a genuine interest in the welfare of students. Accommodation on site is offered plus salary of £14,693.
Completed applications forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 19 May 2017.
To discuss the role, please feel free to call us on 01737 649062.
Available From: September 2017
Applicants from outside the UK should understand that they will be required to teach a demonstration lesson in school as part of the recruitment process for teaching posts, so we do not interview by Skype. It is also important to note that we do not pay travel expenses for overseas travel.
Gap Students. Please note that we do not employ GAP students.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check. The DBS check replaces the old CRB check.
If you think you would be suitable for any of the above posts, please download the relevant application form using the appropriate link below. If using Microsoft Internet Explorer, right click on the link then choose 'Save target As' from the pop-up menu.
Please apply only if posts are available.